9th June 2022 | Stephanie Kierans
The Elifar Challenge is a leading charity event in the Retail Property Industry, where property businesses across the country battle it out for the coveted ELFIAR Foundation trophy. An opportunity for teams to compete and raise money for a great cause.
ELIFAR ( Every life is for a reason ) is a small charity which aims to help improve the care, facilities and equipment available to profoundly disabled children and young adults both at home or in residential care.
They fund the purchase of wide range of highly specialised equipment, which would otherwise by unavailable because of the lack of funds or because there is no statutory provision.
This year, Sherrards entered their team of 7 led by team Captain, Stephanie Kierans, Partner in commercial property and who is an ambassador for the ELIFAR Charity. The team included: Masood Haider, Erin Gibbs-Charles, Harriet Lindo, Tabeer Hussain, Abby Cowan, and Alex Ruder.
Team Sherrards competed in 9 different challenges throughout the day, hoping to gain the most points in each activity.
Some of the fun challenges were:
- Wandered – a three-legged, blindfolded football challenge
- Babe Ruth – A cross between rounders and baseball
- Team Quiz – which consisted of general knowledge, riddles, famous London Landmarks from a Birdseye view and anagrams
- Tug of War – The team held strong for about 10 seconds
- Minefield – A cross between Battleships and the Glass Bridge from Squid Games
Despite not bringing back the trophy, the team had a fantastic day out which managed to help raise a quarter of the charity’s yearly earnings. This means the charity can help improve more lives of young adults and children across the UK.