Personal Immigration Services

We understand the legal requirements of living, studying, and working around the world and can advise you on the best route to where you want to be. As a full-service firm, we also provide seamless advice on complex cases involving aspects beyond immigration law, such as property and private wealth.

If you are considering moving to the United Kingdom for a fresh start, we can smooth your journey with our expert help on immigration law and other aspects of settling in a new country.

Read on for more details of our personal immigration services, or click here for a guide to our fees.

Meet your International team

A global service with joined-up thinking

Sherrards is part of Alliott Global Alliance, an international association of accounting and law firms. Through this alliance, we give you access to a high standard of professional services around the globe, helping you achieve your aims no matter where you are.

If you are applying to come to the UK or to move from the UK to another country or wish to remain in the UK, we can help you with your visa and entry clearance applications, including:

  • Partner visas (fiancé/unmarried partner/spouse/parent)
  • EUSS applications
  • UK Ancestry applications
  • Visitor visas
  • Indefinite leave to remain
  • British nationality

If you’ve moved to the UK and decided to stay, we can also explain the requirements for British citizenship and help you with your application.

Our help for special cases

If you are already legally in the UK and want family members to join you, or to change your status, we can advise on areas such as:

  • Indefinite leave to remain applications
  • Family of settled persons visas (unmarried partner/ fiancé/ spouse/parent)
  • Applications outside the UK Immigration Rules

Sometimes the UK Home Office refuses an application for reasons that are difficult to understand or simply in error. If this happens to you, we can help with your appeal and challenges in the courts and tribunals, either using our own lawyers or instructing counsel if necessary.