Transforming dilemmas into decisions
Private wealth can be complex and demands a wide range of knowledge to manage it effectively. We advise many high-net-worth individuals and families, whether they are entrepreneurs or long-established estates, with interests both in the UK and abroad.
To safeguard your assets and your lifestyle, our private wealth team works alongside our Corporate and Commercial, Property and other colleagues to make sure we cover every pertinent aspect of your personal and business matters. This results in a seamless service, based on a deep understanding of what matters most to you.
How we can help you:
- to protect and manage your wealth by drafting a Will, or reviewing your existing Will.
- Personal tax planning and advice, both UK residency and non-domicile
- Asset and wealth protection structures, including foundations, companies, and offshore trusts
- Tax and succession advice centred around your business
- Tax-efficient investments both in the UK and abroad
- Dealing with HMRC tax enquiries and investigations
Supporting you worldwide
We frequently help clients who have assets across multiple jurisdictions. We provide a seamless, one-stop approach to private wealth matters and can offer the expertise of our international teams for China and South-East Asia, CIS region and French-speaking countries.
Our active participation in the Alliott Global Alliance means we are able to assist globally.
How else can we help you with your private wealth?
- Advising you on property, which might be your personal home or an investment. We’ll explain all the tax implications and minimise their impact, and help with your acquisitions, sales and portfolio management.
- Alternative investments. There may be areas you’ve yet to explore, such as art, classic cars, yachts or others. We’ll advise on values, likely returns, security and putting together a portfolio.
- Philanthropic giving. There’s an increasing enthusiasm for supporting environmental ventures, from preserving biodiversity to generating clean energy. We can direct you to those with the most promising potential or track records, and structure your support appropriately. We are also experienced in advising on and donating to a wide range of the more traditional charities.
- Family Investment Companies. Estate planning is something you’ll want to get right, but it can be difficult to decide on the right vehicle. Family Investment Companies are now often preferred to Trusts, and we can explain why, and help you set up your FIC for optimum tax efficiency. For more information, click here.
To see if we’re as good as our word, here are some words to look at