Sherrards’ charity team unites our in-depth understanding of charities, social enterprises and not-for-profit organisations with years of experience in advising national and international charities as well as voluntary organisations on all aspects of their day-to-day operations.
Led by qualified barrister and lawyer Jean-Paul da Costa, one of the UK’s leading experts on international and incorporated charities, the team members are all themselves trustees of charities and therefore understand the needs of charities and trustees first hand. As a result, we are exceptionally well positioned to provide hands-on support and guidance.
Whether you are setting up or need advice, we can help.
- Commercial contracts and joint ventures
- Intellectual property, trademarks, e-commerce and brand management
- International development and developing overseas branches
- Employment law, TUPE and remuneration of charity trustees
- Litigation and dispute resolution support for charities
- Setting up and running Community Interest Companies (CICs) and social enterprise businesses
- Risk management, fraud and risk audits
- Winding up charities
- Establishment and incorporation – setting up all types if charity companies, trusts, unincorporated associations and CIOs
- Governance and constitutional matters
- Trusteeship – duties, responsibilities, conflicts and liability issues for trustees
- Mergers and restructuring
- Trading and the use of subsidiaries
- Fund-raising, charity lotteries and sponsored events
- Charity schemes and arrangements
- Administration and dealing with the Charity Commission
- Acquisition and disposal of property, granting and assigning leases, and development of charity land