Commercial contracts, M&A & joint ventures.
Rather than seeing the internet revolution in the retail sector as an armageddon of disruption to growth, we see it as presenting new opportunities and possibilities. Commercial contracts are increasingly being used within consumer businesses either to entice people into a store or attract them to their online presence. These contracts range from sponsorship or hosting opportunities and events to email communication and interaction.
In order to increase the overall shopping experience of consumers, sound commercial contracts with third party providers and consumers are part and parcel of retail businesses’ profitability.
Working alongside our clients technology and as an integral part of their strategy and development, our team are able to assist, prepare or review your commercial contracts (agencies, distributions, franchises, merchandising, concessions, and other forms of licences) and terms of business, email communications (internal and external), with a focus on data protection and intellectual property and in particular, trade mark and copyright protection.
Our international team will also be able to assist with any cross-border aspect of business through our network of international law firms.
- Assisting a marketing research company on data protection issues arising under their service contract with a French multinational specialising in cosmetics
- Setting up terms of business for a freelancer platform
- Setting up terms of business for sharing platforms in the gig economy
- Assisting an online retail business with their joint venture for data sharing technology
- Assisting foreign investors in setting up franchises in the UK
- Assisting online retailers with the negotiation of their concession arrangements
M&A and JV
Our mergers & acquisitions and joint venture expertise in the sector includes assisting buyers and sellers on all legal aspects of due diligence, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, joint venture or participation agreements, disclosure letters and ancillary documents, working closely with our property and retail and international teams.