25th November 2022 | Paul Marmor | International, Litigation
Paul Marmor, Head of Litigation and International Services at the firm, recently spoke at the IBA’s 5th London Law Firm Management Conference, held at Claridge’s, alongside a range of law firm leaders and acknowledged experts from across the globe, providing practical advice to law firms of all sizes as to what the future might look like.
- Remuneration – is there an approach which keeps all parties happy – now and for the future?
- Lateral hiring – getting it right (and wrong) could determine a firm’s future
- Merger – a sign of defeat or success? What options do you have for the future?
- Strategy – living is believing – how to live a strategy to define your future
- Adopting technology now and in the future – myth or reality?
- The General Counsel client speaks! What are the future needs of our clients? Three things General Counsel want in the future that law firms are not delivering today.
With delegates travelling to London from across the world, this truly was a conference in the vanguard of the legal profession. Indeed, the IBA is considered to be among the foremost organisations for international legal practitioners, bar associations and law societies, borne out of the conviction that an organisation made up of the world’s leading lawyers and bar associations could contribute to global stability and peace through the administration of justice, protecting the rule of law.
The present membership is comprised of more than 80,000 individual international lawyers, from most of the world’s leading law firms, and some 190 bar associations and law societies spanning more than 170 countries.
The IBA has considerable expertise in providing assistance to the global legal community, and through its membership it influences the development of international law reform and shapes the future of the legal profession around the world. The IBA’s Law Firm Management Committee, of which Paul is the co-vice chair, is very much in the forefront of the organisation.
Through our engagement and involvement in the IBA – together with our deep involvement in the Alliott Global Alliance – we have outreach literally across the whole international legal community. Nowhere is beyond our reach.
Click here to read through the IBA’s programme on Building the Law Firm of the Future.
For more information about the IBA, influencing and developing law firm management across the globe and about our international reach, please contact Paul Marmor.