An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Post Completion Assistant to join the Commercial Property Department of this highly regarded Commercial Law Firm, with offices in both St Albans and the City, which prides itself on its professional ethos and collegiate and flexible working environment.
If you are keen to join a professional services firm where you can learn, grow, and develop, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn from professionals within a supportive team. Training and development opportunities will be provided where necessary.
Overview of Role
To effectively undertake the registration of purchase and letting transactions within priority periods and deal with file closure for purchase, sale and letting files. To also assist with any post-completion queries by clients on closed files.
Main duties & Responsibilites
- Submitting Charge Registration applications to Companies House within prescribed time limits.
- Preparing and lodging SDLT returns and discharging SDLT due within prescribed time limits.
- Preparing and lodging AP1 and FR1 applications at the Land Registry within priority periods, including using the Digital Registration Service.
- Dealing with any requisitions within HMLR time – limits with assistance of fee‑earners.
- Updating and responding promptly to any queries raised by mortgage lenders and clients on progress of registrations.
- Serving and thereafter chasing Landlords and Management companies for receipted Notices of Assignment/Charge/Underletting and dealing with any further enquiries raised with assistance of fee-earner where necessary.
- Sending completed registrations and any necessary deeds/indemnity policies to clients and/or mortgage lenders.
- Updating the team on changes to the Registration process.
- Ensuring that the Land Registry portal terms and conditions are met when lodging applications.
- Managing the repayment of retentions on leasehold files.
- Highlighting to the Supervisor and/or Head of Department any case where there is a risk of removal from the lender panel or a negligence claim.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and produce accurate work to tight deadlines.
- Competent user of Outlook, Word, PDF Docs and Excel.
- Being adaptable and flexible.
- Having competent knowledge about legal practice.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities including a good telephone manner and face to face communication skills with colleagues and clients.
- Good grammar and spelling a must.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Benefits: 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 25 days plus Bank Holidays) discretionary perks, statutory pension, Death in Service x 4.
Hours: 37.5 per week (9:00-17:30 Monday to Friday) on a Permanent, full-time contract.