An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Legal Administrators to join us (one in our London office, and one in our St Albans office) of this highly regarded Commercial Law Firm which prides itself on its professional ethos and collegiate and flexible working environment.
If you are keen to join a professional services firm where you can learn, grow and develop, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn from professionals within a supportive team.
Salary: £18-24k according to experience
Hours: 37.5 per week (9:00-17:30 Monday to Friday) on a Permanent, full-time contract.
Training and development opportunities will be provided where necessary,
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Opening new client files.
- Archiving files.
- Filing documents in relevant client files, both paper and electronic.
- Post preparation – including – incoming – scan and file to iManage – retrieve physical file attach post and present to fee earner.
- Photocopying and scanning, ensuring printers are stocked with paper, ink and toner.
- Telephone and email communication with clients and ensuring messages are passed on promptly and accurately.
- Data entry on to the case management system.
- Typing, amending letters/ documents as advised by the team secretary.
- Helping prepare client bills.
- Preparing BACS payments.
- Processing AML documents.
- Arranging file and document retrieval from storage.
- Picking up dictation from Bighand – mainly speech recognition but other simpler pieces as well.
- Getting files prepared for fee earners meetings with clients – this can be existing or new matters.
- Monitoring money coming in and filling out white slips accordingly.
- Taking client’s payments over the phone to pay bills as and when required or to provide money
- Attending to clients when they come in to pick up/drop off documents as and when required.
- Fee earner(s) diary management.
- Additional Ad hoc support/ cover as/ when required.
Key Skills & Attributes:
Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and producing accurate work to tight deadlines.
- Competent user of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Being adaptable and flexible.
- Having competent knowledge about legal practice.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities including a good telephone manner and face to face communication skills with colleagues and clients.
- Good grammar and spelling.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- An interest in client care.
- Delivering a quality service internally and to clients.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the practice.