As technology advances, the ideas, innovations and brands of a business are often its principal assets. The need to protect, exploit and maximise the value of these assets is critical to the competitive success of a business.
We work with clients ranging from young developing businesses to established, mature companies, helping them protect and gain maximum value from their assets to keep them ahead of their competitors. We have an impressive UK and international client base, acting for prominent companies, major retailers, manufacturers and service companies, both public and private. We often work closely with our Corporate & Commercial team.
The technical expertise and legal acumen of our IP lawyers combine with a pragmatic and commercial approach that addresses our clients’ individual business needs.
Our intellectual property expertise includes:
- Trade marks and branding – Registering trade marks and logos in the UK, EU and worldwide; trade mark licensing; protecting trade marks and brands against passing-off and trade mark infringement; we can help with trade mark and brand name registration and advise on licensing and domain name issues
- Copyright – advising authors, publishers, designers, musicians, photographers, web designers, software companies and others concerned with copyright material on all manner of copyright issues
- Designs – registering, licensing and protecting registered designs
- Patents – advising on patentability, applying for patents worldwide, patent licensing and prosecuting patent infringement
- IP Audits
- Joint ventures to develop and exploit intellectual property
- Data protection
- Database rights protection
- Domain name registration
- Confidential information – confidentiality agreements; non–disclosure agreements; non–poaching and non–solicitation agreements
- National and international licensing of intellectual property