As part of our commitment to sustainability, we are proud to be sponsoring the ever-important Sustainability Festival 2021 and celebrating World Environment Day on 5 June.
In light of #SustFest, we are running a photo competition to take place on 12 April – 28 May 2021. We encourage you to take a photo of what World Environment Day means to you for a chance to win a Lussmanns voucher!
Lussmanns, are a local sustainable restaurant who are also founding members of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, winners of the Food Made Good Awards 2018 ‘Source Fish Responsibly’ and now the only restaurant group currently in the UK to be completely MSC-friendly.
As well as being in with a chance to win a Lussmanns voucher, your photo may also be exhibited in the St Albans museum at the town hall.
For information on how to enter please see our competition T&C’s at the bottom of this page.
A little bit more about Sustainable Sherrards:
Our Sustainable Sherrards group meet every other month to discuss and review our green initiatives. This is an internal group made up of solicitors and nonlegal professionals across both our offices.
Here are a few steps that we are taking to become sustainable:
- We have removed all plastic cups in our office
- Our coffee supplier is Nespresso, known as being a sustainable company, and we recycle our coffee pods through its recycling program
- We solely use recyclable toner cartridges from Planet Green
- We have installed hand driers in our office bathrooms & removed paper
- Our confidential paper waste is recycled and they plant trees in place of the recycling
- We have introduced recycling bins throughout the offices
- We are becoming more paper-light:
- By introducing our new client onboarding software, Legl and using DocuSign to reduce paper usage
- By continuing to save electronic files on iManage and sharing documents online through iManage Share
- Our printer defaults are set to print black and white and double-sided
- We have a digest of printing usage for each staff member and are anticipating to hold competitions for who has printed the least each month
- We donated our old IT equipment to the Computer Recycling Centre in Hertfordshire last year in December
- We have only fairtrade teas, coffees, sugar
- We have eco-friendly lighting throughout our offices and meeting rooms
To enter our photo competition please see our T&C’s below or visit the festival website here.
How to Enter:
Post your photo on Instagram & tag us @SherrardsSolicitors1 & @Lussmanns also using the hashtags #SustainableSherrards & #SustFest. Alternatively, you can email your photo to email@example.com
Competition entries close on 28 May, the winner will be announced on 2 June.
- This competition is hosted by Sherrards Solicitors and is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram in anyway.
- The competition will run from 12 April and closes at midnight on 28 May 2021 (GMT).
- All entrants must be over 18 years of age and live in the UK.
- To enter, share your photo on Instagram and tag @sherrardsSolicitors1 also using the hashtags #SustainableSherrards & #SustFest alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winner(s) will be chosen anonymously via an impartial judge.
- The winner(s) will be announced via Instagram or email on Wednesday 2nd June and will be contacted by a member of the Sherrards Marketing team. The prize will be emailed to the winner(s).
- The voucher is the only prize on offer and no cash or other alternatives are available. First place winner will receive a voucher to the value of £100, second place £50 and third place £25.
- You confirm that you own all rights in and to any images or works submitted.
- By submitting a photograph you hereby grant all permissions and rights necessary for Sherrards to repost and use the image in any and all forms of media. In addition, images may be displayed at the St Albans Museum.